When we formed Protean Risk in 2008, our aim was to combine the knowledge and experience that we had gained working for large, global insurance broking firms with a high level of personal service and attention. We recognised the importance of this personal approach in helping clients achieve better insurance results.
Businesses are built one client at a time and our focus today is as much on ensuring our existing clients receive the care and attention they deserve as it is on adding new clients. It's by remaining true to our core values of sector specialisation, personal service and problem solving, that many of our valued clients have been with us since we started.
In 2016 we achieved the coveted status of Lloyd's Broker, which entitles us to directly access the Lloyd’s market and transact business in Lloyd’s. This allows us to select from an even wider choice of insurance providers and ensure that we can match our clients’ requirements with the most appropriate insurance provider.
In 2019 Protean Risk was acquired by Aston Lark, the Chartered insurance broker backed by Goldman Sachs, and the Aston Lark Financial Institutions team joined forces with the Protean Risk team at 81 Gracechurch Street further increasing our resources, knowledge and experience.
We remain as committed today as we did when we set out and would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you what that commitment could do for you and your business.
- Specialists in the investment industry, financial services, technology, fintech and payment services
- Skilled in placing D&O for commercial companies, particularly publicly listed firms
- Lloyd's Registered Broker - broad market access
- Part of Aston Lark, the Chartered Insurance Broker backed by Goldman Sachs
- 98% of responding clients would recommend Protean Risk
- 95% of responding clients agree that we are experts in their business sector
- 100% of responding clients agree that we take the time to understand their business needs
- Members of the London and International Insurance Brokers Association
Why clients choose us
95% of responding clients agree that we are specialists in their business sector
90% of responding clients rated our quality of service as very good or excellent
90% of responding clients agree we go the extra mile to help their business